2021 Couch Oil Cares Scholarship
The Couch Oil Cares Scholarship Program is an effort to help local students with the costs of higher education. Again this year, Couch Oil is teaming up with the Durham Bulls to award scholarships to 6 deserving individuals. The $1000 scholarship is available to students who have been accepted to either a four-year college or community college and reside in the 16-county area surrounding the Triangle. Scholarships will be paid directly to the school in one installment after proof of acceptance and registration is received.
Deadline: May 28, 2021
- Must be a resident of Alamance, Caswell, Chatham, Durham, Franklin, Granville, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Moore, Nash, Orange, Person, Vance, Wake, or Wilson County.
- Must have been accepted to and registered as a 1st-year college student for the 2021-2022 school year (four-year or community college).
- Must be no more than 25 years old at the time of the scholarship presentation.
Selection of Recipients: July 2021
Scholarship Presentation: Late July/Early August. Local government COVID-19 guidelines will be followed. Attendance by recipients is expected.
For more information, email: [email protected]
2020 Couch Oil Cares Scholarship Winners:
- Amarachi Chukwunyere – Rolesville High School – Winston-Salem State University
- Dizni DeBerry – Hillside High School – Spelman College
- Christopher Everett – Clayton High School – UNC-Chapel Hill
- Prince Linboom – North Wake College & Career Academy – Gardner-Webb University
- Maria Quintero Ruiz – Carrboro High School – Appalachian State University
- John Thurman – Chatham Central High School – East Carolina University